(in my kitchen) Tokwa't baboy

When we heard tokwa't baboy, we often think that it is always associated with drinking. From the country where I'm from tokwa't baboy is not part of the menu planning of the week I'm sure, but can be made any time of the day as an appetizer. But that doesn't really mean that you can't add them to your own. `

In fact, I made one for the craving husband that just got home from work.
My husband craved for tokwa't baboy, "beancurd and pork" that I decided to make one at 10 in the evening. He'll be home by 1 in the morning. So this will be ready just right on time.

I bought tofu on my last trip to the grocery. But not noticed that I actually picked out the wrong tofu. 
tip : portion your meat in ziplocks to save time and space.
this way, you don't have to thaw one big bulk of meat.
There's one made for soup and one for stir fried. I picked out the tofu for the soup! 

Preparing the sauce is quite easy. It took me a while to fry them. Taking care not to burn them.

ingredients
Stir fry tofu
Pork
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon whole pepper corn
1 small onion (green)
2 cups cooking oil

In a pot, bring water to a boil, then add salt and pepper corns.
When it is boiling hot, put-in the pork and let it simmer until tender. around 30 minutes-1 hour.
When your pork is ready and tender. Cut them into strips and set them aside.

In a frying pan, when the oil is hot enough. Deep fry your tofu until golden brown. 
Then cut them into strips or bite size pieces. Probably the same bite size pieces of your pork.

Preparing the dipping sauce
combine a cup and a half of vinegar plus 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
Add 4 tablespoons of sugar in to the mixture. Stir then turn off the heat.

Slice some green onions and add them into the sauce when it is cooled down. 


recipe is from panlasang pinoy

No comments: